The best way to take in Fraser Island’s spectacular beauty is by joining in 4WD tagalong adventure. Enjoy the gorgeous lakes, creeks, and rainforests that make up this beautiful Island.
Dingos 2-day, 1-night tag along adventure will show you amazing sites on the world’s largest sand island over 2 days, departing from Rainbow Beach, the southern entry point to K’Gari (Fraser Island).
All travelers should attend the 7 a.m. safety briefing the morning of the tour. You must check in for your Fraser trip at Freedom hostel reception before you attend the 7 a.m. briefing on the morning of the tour.
Please advise if you want to be with friends in the same car and if you have any dietary requirements.
- Venture across the whole of magical K’gari (Fraser Island) in self-drive 4x4s with a group of fun, adventurous travellers
- Explore K’gari (Fraser Island), the world’s biggest sand island
- Drive on the beach highway, 75 Mile Beach
- Swim in the crystal-clear waters of Boorangoora (Lake McKenzie)
- Wander through majestic rainforests growing on sand
- Soak in the refreshing, flowing waters of Eli Creek
- Visit the most famous of K’gari’s shipwrecks, the SS Maheno
- Spot a wide range of animals, many of which are considered to be rare or vulnerable
- Morning Tea, Lunch and Dinner on Day 1
- Breakfast, Morning Tea and Lunch on Day 2
- Fuel for 4x4s
- Tent, camp mat, sleeping bag
- All camping, National Park and vehicle permits
- Return ferry transfer
- 4WD driver training on the beach
- All 4x4s have iPod / MP3 adaptor cables
- Luggage storage at Freedom Rainbow Beach
- BYO alcohol (no hard liquor or goon allowed; pre-mixed cans are okay).
- Firewood ($15 per bag) can be purchased at the safety briefing from Freedom Hostel.
- Optional Vehicle Damage Liability Reduction (see below for options):
No Cover: 100% liability for any damage caused
Reduce Excess options:
Our Vehicle Damage Liability Reduction (levy fee) has changed:
Dingos 2- and 3-day tag-along tour prices are exclusive of the Vehicle Damage Liability Reduction, which is optional based on whether your passengers would like to drive on tour.
To clarify our pricing:
- 2 Day Dingo Tag-along Tour: $499pp + Optional Vehicle Damage Liability Reduction
- 3 Day Dingo Tag-along Tour: $549 pp + Optional Vehicle Damage Liability Reduction
Optional Vehicle Damage Liability Reduction Options:
- No Cover – 100% liability for any damage caused
- Reduce Excess options; ($25 to reduce to $1,000 excess or $50 to reduce to $500 excess)
- $25 to reduce to $1,000 excess
- $50 to reduce to $500 excess
All passengers will get a an email 3 day prior to the tour departure, here they can complete a pre check-in form and purchase the Optional Vehicle Damage Liability Reduction if they choose too.
What to Bring:
- Small bags ONLY (we have limited space in the vehicles – bring along your larger bags to the morning safety briefing and we can store them for you free of charge at Freedom Hostel for the duration of your tour).
- Warm clothes for night time.
- Refillable water bottle.
- Sun lotion and insect repellent.
- Camera / phone / Portable Speaker (please note there are limited options for charging these devices on the island).
- Baby wipes
- If you would like to take alcohol to Fraser Island you will need to bring this with you, no glass can be taken to the island and we also do not allow hard liquor or goon. Pre mixed cans are ok, however please ensure all spirits are decanted into plastic bottles before you arrive for the safety briefing.
- Any extra desired snacks
- $2 coins for hot showers
- Driver License (if wishing to participate in driving)
Looking for 3 day tour? Check out their 3 day 2 night tour