From late March to August each year, Whale Sharks converge on the nutrient rich waters of the Ningaloo Reef. Exmouth Diving Centre’s professional crew will take you on a sensational day of adventure that you will never forget.
The Whale shark is the largest of the shark family and the largest fish in the world, is a harmless plankton eater. Reported to reach 18 metres (60ft) but averages 12 metres (40ft) in length, the whale shark is easily identified by its huge size, wide mouth and distinctive pattern of white spots. Thought to mainly inhabit worldwide temperate and tropical seas, it is rarely seen in shallow coastal waters, but is a daily visitor to the Ningaloo Reef every year between late March to August when up to 30 whale sharks have been spotted close to the Ningaloo reef feeding on the plankton in the nutrient rich waters.
Exmouth Diving Centre would like to advise all of our customers we will, in the unlikely event of not sighting a WhaleShark on your tour with us from Exmouth, give one free WhaleShark Swim tour on any available spot within the next 3 years. All of our customers should give themselves a little extra time in Exmouth just in case.
If you can swim and snorkel, you too can safely experience the excitement and wonder of swimming with the world’s largest fish. If you can’t snorkel, we can teach you.
– FREE Video of your Whale Shark Swim Tour by Professional Videographer.
– An unforgettable day on board our well-equipped vessels, with the World’s Leading WhaleShark SwimTeam.
– Quality service and handy tips to maximise your time spent with the Ningaloo Whale Sharks.
– Morning tea, lunch, afternoon tea and refreshments throughout the day.
– Celebrational glass of sparkling wine or light beer to end your adventure.
– For all of our WhaleShark Swim Adventures, we employ a light aircraft to fly overhead throughout the day to spot each shark and guide the boat to it. Our plane time is NOT limited to two hours.
– Fully qualified and experienced Crew who will answer your questions, help with your gear and brief you on how to get the most from your day!
– A Pre-Whaleshark Snorkel lesson for everyone.
– All DPaW fees included, a proportion of your ticket price goes towards Whaleshark Research.
– Good ‘Whaleshark Swim’ Guarantee in the unlikely event no whale shark is sighted on your Whale Shark Adventure with us or you just didn’t get a good swim. We offer a free repeat tour on standby, yours to take in the next 3 years. (conditions apply).
– Free Mini Golf /Amusement centre Voucher.
The WhaleSharks we visit are exceptionally consistent in their habits and successful encounters are extremely reliable. But please remember we are visiting wild animals in their own environment. We ask you to approach each encounter with caution and respect, and never to presume we have any control over their appearance or actions whatsoever. These whale sharks favour our encounters with curiosity and much tolerance.
Need some help? Contact us to get started.
Product Help Ref #23896