The “Short Max” is all of Stray’s Max Pass except for the Far South. Perfect if you want to do both islands but have slightly less time!
The pass route is a loop, which means you can start and finish anywhere you would like. We recommend at least 3 weeks to get the most out of your trip and to allow some time to hop-off and explore your favourite destinations for longer.
Our mission is to get you off the beaten track amongst authentic local culture and our experienced crew has chosen some incredible destinations so you can see more and do more! ‘Strademark’ Places are the places you’re less likely to find in the guide book but the ones you’ll be talking about long after the adventure has ended.
– Only Stray stay at Hahei beach, an idyllic spot in the Coromandel, within walking distance to Cathedral Cove.
– Stay at an eco-lodge, built in native bush in Raglan – overlooking New Zealand’s black sand, premier surf beach.
– Spend two nights at Blue Duck Station, an award-winning conservation farm and get hands-on with some wilderness activities!
– Discover history and culture not yet touched by the hand of commercialism at Lake Aniwhenua – it’s also your chance to try a traditionally cooked hangi dinner.
– Stay beachfront on the golden sands at the edge of Abel Tasman National Park.
– Stay at the base of New Zealand’s highest mountain, Mount Cook/Aoraki.
Need some help? Contact us to get started.
Product Help Ref #27022