This tour shows you the best of the spectacular Great Ocean Road, letting you enjoy the scenery without the crowds. The amazing Twelve Apostles limestone stacks and Loch Ard Gorge with its tragic history are just some of the sights.
- Pick-ups begin at 7.00 am, so it is a long day and we ask everyone to be prepared 10 minutes before pick-up
- Once everyone is on board, we head out of the city and over the West Gate bridge, taking the A1 highway past Geelong and on to the township of Colac
- Then we turn towards the south-west coast and make our way to the Great Ocean Road and our first scenic stop at the Twelve Apostles
- Once at the Twelve Apostles, head out onto the boardwalk and viewing platforms and get your first glimpse of the natural limestone rock stacks and cliffs
- From there, it’s a short drive to beautiful Loch Ard Gorge, and a walk on the famous shipwreck beach, where young Tom rescued Eva from the sea after their ship went down
- After that, we head into the Great Otway National Park, which stretches from the south-west coast north as far as Colac and across to the surf coast as far Anglesea
- As we make our way along the Great Ocean Road, we stop at the some of the look-out points and wander in the rainforest, among huge eucalyptus trees, to find some wild koalas and birds.
- Continuing on to Lorne, we have afternoon tea and coffee, then go for a stroll along the pier, where the famous Lorne Pier to Pub annual race
- We continue our drive along the Surf Coast until we reach the Great Ocean Road Memorial Arch, then head back up the highway to Melbourne, aiming to be back in the city around 7:30 pm.
- Morning and afternoon tea and coffee
- National Park entry fees
- Friendly and experienced guide
What to bring
Dress appropriately for the seasonal weather and bring a water bottle, sunscreen, hat, swimmers, towel and a jacket.