Places visited include Jim Jim and Twin falls, Ubirr aboriginal art site and a wild life cruise. Camping in swags (tents optional) under the stars and cooking on an open campfire. Operates in the Dry season (May to October)Departs every Monday, Wednesday and Saturday from Darwin.
Explore the wilderness of Kakadu National Park on a 3-day Kakadu 4WD adventure! You’ll see all the main attractions such as Jim Jim Falls, Twin Falls and Ubirr Rock. Combine small groups, great walks, this is a great Kakadi tour for those looking for a bit of excitement and adventure.
– Cruise the spectacular Corroboree Billabong for crocodile and wildlife spotting
– Warradja Cultural Centre within Kakadu National Park
– Jim Jim Falls swim & hike
– Ubirr, hike & rock art. Views over Arnhemland
– Maguk (Barramundi Gorge) or Gunlom Falls hike & swim
– Budjmi Lookout hike
Day 1: Darwin – Kakadu
Pick up at 7am from your nominated accommodation. We start our Kakadu tour by heading towards Kakadu to join a wildlife cruise on Corroborree Billabong. This is a great opportunity to get fantastic photos of the local wildlife.
After the cruise, we commence our drive toward Kakadu National Park. Stop & enjoy a picnic lunch on the East Alligator River bank with the opportunity to spot some crocs and flying foxes! Then on to the world famous Ubirr Rock in the north of the park. Ancient rock art and staggering 360¬∫ views over the Nardab floodplain and Arnhemland.
Tonight we camp at our exclusive safari camp at Garnamarr at the base of the escarpment and within the National Park. Dinner tonight is an Aussie BBQ with a taste plate of croc, buffalo and kangaroo
Fitness: 3 kms
Meals: Lunch & dinner
Day 2: Kakadu
After breakfast we do some 4 Wheel driving to Twin Falls. From here we take the escarpment walk to the top of the falls for a swim in the crystal clear pools away from the crowds. Then we’ll find a shady spot by Jim Jim Creek for some lunch. A short climb up Budjimi Lookout will reward you with spectacular views of the ancient Arnhemland escarpment. After lunch, a 1km walk through monsoonal vine forest to the base of Jim Jim Falls for a relaxing afternoon swimming in the plunge pool and resting on the beach.
Tonight we camp at Garnamarr, at the base of the escarpment. Tonight we replenish ourselves with the Great Aussie BBQ including a taste plate of Crocodile, Buffalo and Kangaroo.
Meals: Breakfast, lunch & dinner
Day 3: Kakadu – Darwin
An early start as we head to the Warradjan Cultural Centre to learn more about the local Aboriginal people of Kakadu. We then make our way to Barramundi Gorge (Maguk) for a 1km walk through towering paperbarks and crystal clear waters for a refreshing swim in the plunge pool. Heading home after a fantastic tour along the old Jim Jim road stopping of at White Lily billabong for our last look at Kakadu and a stretch of the legs. We return to Darwin approximately 5.30pm ending our Kakadu tour.
Territory Expeditions Provides:
– Small groups (ensures minimal environmental impact)
– All meals as indicated
– Accommodation transfers
– Camping fees and equipment
– Great walks/hikes (getting away from the crowds)
– Interpretation of the natural and cultural features of Kakadu
– Swimming in idyllic locations
– Ancient Rock Art
– Great Lookouts = great photographs
– Wildlife & crocodile cruise
– Special permits into restricted areas of Kakadu which include Jarrangbarnmi (Koolpin Gorge)
– Ikoymarrwa Rock Holes (Moline) and Old Goodparla (Home stead ruins of the first European settlement in what is now Kakadu)
– Safari camping permits at Mardugal and Garnamarr which allows us to camp in the heart of Kakadu surrounded only by trees and a sky full of stars!
Need some help? Contact us to get started.
Product Help Ref #19453
Australian owned travel agency
🇫🇯 Fiji & South East Asia
🌏 more than 30 years combined experience