Explore the North Island! Discover the sub-tropical climate of the Far North of New Zealand. Immerse yourself in local Maori culture and try a traditional hangi meal. Hop around some of the best beaches New Zealand has to offer, get off the beaten track, and conquer the Tongariro Crossing!
Our mission is to get you off the beaten track amongst authentic local culture and our experienced crew has chosen some incredible destinations so you can see more and do more! ‘Strademark’ Places are the places you’re less likely to find in the guide book but the ones you’ll be talking about long after the adventure has ended.
– Only Stray stay at Hahei beach, an idyllic spot in the Coromandel, within walking distance to Cathedral Cove.
– Stay at an eco-lodge, built in native bush in Raglan – overlooking New Zealand’s black sand, premier surf beach (included when you add on the Beach Hopper).
– Spend two nights at Blue Duck Station, an award-winning conservation farm and get hands-on with some wilderness activities!
– Discover history and culture not yet touched by the hand of commercialism at Lake Aniwhenua – it’s also your chance to try a traditionally cooked hangi dinner.
– Bus transport – Travel on our comfortable private buses.
– Driver-guide – Far more than just a driver, Stray Driver Guides are invaluable sources of local knowledge and assist with booking activities and accommodation on your behalf.
– Reserved Accommodation – Have a bed reserved for you at every Stray overnight stop. Book through your Driver and pay-as-you-go directly to the accommodation.
Not included: The cost of your accommodation and activities is not included in a hop-on hop-off pass. You have the flexibility to choose what suits your budget and pay-as-you-go. These can be booked via your Driver, often at an exclusive Stray price!
Need some help? Contact us to get started.
Product Help Ref #26924