This tour will take you to some of the most gorgeous lakes on the island, amazing coloured sands and have you cruising through some of the islands less travelled tracks. This tour also features accommodation at Drop Bear’s Beach House for a more cosy nights stay on the beach. Departs Noosa / Rainbow Beach.
The things you’ll SEE & DO on this tour…
– Swim in the crystal clear Lake Birrabeen – just as beautiful as Lake McKenzie but far less crowed
– Marvel at the coloured sands of The Pinnacles
– Bathe in the tannin waters of Lake Boomanjin, the largest perched lake in the world!
– Meet the unique short necked turtles at Lake Allom
– Drive through towering rainforest and eucalyptus bush
– Relax and enjoy toasting some marshmallows around the open fire
– Collect and cook up Wongs – an Aboriginal delicacy
– Learn how to catch worms for fishing bait
– Beach fishing at sunset
– Try to learn to play the Didgeridoo
– Learn the art of throwing a Boomerang
– Take a scenic drive though Cooloola National Park and see Double Island Point and the Rainbow Beach Coloured Sands
= ex Noosa ONLY. Please note how many and which places you visit on tour are dependent on time constraints, weather condition and tides. Fraser Island is constantly changing and not all tour highlights are available every time. Each tour is tailored to suit the weather, tides and preferences of our guests, so make sure you ask our friendly staff about your options when booking.
All the things you need are included…
– Passionate guide
– Courtesy pick up from your hostel in Noosa
– Eco accommodation at The Beach House
– Hotel quality linens and bath towels
– Quality ingredients and fresh veggies sourced locally
– Off road 4WD experience with minimum risk
– All 4WD vehicles (fully automatic)
– Fuel, insurance and barge transfers
– National Park fees
– You can drive if you are over 21 and had your licence for more than 12 months
– Driving is optional – drive or be driven if you prefer
– MP3/AUX stereos in each vehicle and USB chargers
– 2 way radios…. come in Drop Bear’s! üòâ
– Ice and cool boxes for your beers!!
– FREE photo album uploaded to Facebook!
– a parting gift from team Drop Bear after your tour
Driving on Fraser Island…
4WDriving on Fraser Island is heaps of fun and is a top highlight for many of our guests. The reason it is so much fun is because we take the hassle out of navigating the beach and knowing all the 4WD techniques so all you have to do is follow your guides wheel tracks and simple instructions. All our vehicles are fully automatic and in constant 4WD so you can relax and take in the scenery.
Can I drive?
If you are over 21, have a full/open drivers licence and you passed your driving test more than 12 months ago you can drive a Drop Bear 4WD. You will need to have the ID Card Licence with you and if your licence is not written in English you will need to be able to provide an international translation. You must have your physical licence with you as it is illegal to drive in Queensland without having your licence and if the police stop you on Fraser Island it can be a very hefty fine that we don’t want you to have to pay 🙂
Need some help? Contact us to get started.
Product Help Ref #18498
Australian owned travel agency
🇫🇯 Fiji & South East Asia
🌏 more than 30 years combined experience