Looking for a truly unique couple of days?
The Blue Mountains & Jenolan Caves overnight is the tour for you if you want to explore the Australian bush and want to check out the one of the oldest discovered open caves in the world! On the first day, we take you to Featherdale Wildlife Park on the way to the mountains where you can cuddle a kangaroo! The rest of the day is all about walking, beautiful views and fun times with your group & guide! Day two will blow you away with a visit to one of the most impressive cave systems in the world!
– Experienced eco accredited tour guide
– Informative commentary
– Return air-conditioned vehicle transfers from Sydney to the Blue Mountains
– A visit to Featherdale Wildlife Park
– Blue Mountain National Park guided bushwalks, including the Three Sisters Lookout
– National Park entry fees
– Lunch (we are happy to cater for people with dietary requirements, please inform us upon booking
– One night dorm accommodation
– Continental breakfast
– Blue Lake
– Jenolan Caves Guided Tour
– Australian Native Wildlife spotting
– Govetts Leap Lookout
– You will join our Blue Mountains day trippers on this overnight adventure! Your guide for the day will pick you up in the morning and we’ll leave the city nice and early. First stop is a fun and interactive Australian wildlife park, home to the largest collection of Australian native animals in the world, where you can cuddle a kangaroo, feed a wallaby, check out some huge crocodiles and take a selfie with a koala!
– The Blue Mountains National Park covers over one million hectares and is an inspiring mix of rainforest, canyons, tall forests and headlands. When we get to the Blue Mountains, we take you on our first bushwalk and tell you stories about the ancient indigenous inhabitants, bush tucker and native flora & fauna. We’ll come across colourful birds, unique animal life and dramatic canyons and cliffs.
– You’ll see the Three Sisters, the famous rock formation which is one of the most iconic images in Australia. The views overlooking the Jamison Valley are stunning, even on a cloudy day! During your Blue Mountains trip, we will also take you on an amazing cliff face walk down through the rainforest. You can then walk back up or hold on tight as you ride the world’s steepest railway up (own expense).
– At the end of the day we’ll drop you at your accommodation, the Katoomba YHA, a very cute hostel located in the heart of the Blue Mountains National Park with restaurants, bars, cafes and shops only minutes’ walk away.
– After breakfast (included), you’ll get picked up at the YHA at 10.30am to drive to Australia’s biggest cave system, the famous Jenolan Caves! You’ll feel like you’ve gone back in time as we travel down a winding mountain road deep into an isolated valley of Kananga Boyd National Park. The Jenolan Caves are roughly 340 million years old and are regarded as Australia’s most outstanding cave system. A specialised guide will take you underground for an amazing tour experience. You’ll spend about an hour underground exploring different cave chambers, climbing through narrow walkways and seeing stalagmites and stalactites.
– After having a look at the mysterious Blue Lake, we travel through the forest to the end of a dirt road where we usually see wild kangaroos & wallabies! We have to make sure we’re super quiet as photo opportunities are rare. We’ll slowly start to head back to Sydney but not before stopping at Govetts Leap; one of the Blue Mountains most impressive lookouts. Expect wilderness as far a the eye can see plus you’ll get to see a stunning waterfall!
– Dinner (day 1)
– Lunch (day 2) – packed lunch recommended due to limited options
Need some help? Contact us to get started.
Product Help Ref #29211
Australian owned travel agency
🇫🇯 Fiji & South East Asia
🌏 more than 30 years combined experience