This 7 day Central Australia to Top End tour offers a value for money Northern Territory travel experience. On this tour, travel through the Red Centre, see Uluru, and camp in the Outback before spending 2 nights relaxing in Alice Springs before travelling up the ‘track’ visiting the icons of Kurlu Kurlu (Devil’s Marbles), Mataranka and Nitmiluk National Park (Katherine Gorge) . Have a beer at the Daly Waters Pub and finish the tour in Darwin, the capital of the Northern Territory. Renowned for its spectacular sunsets and colourful markets, Darwin is a vibrant city with something for everyone. This Northern Territory tour showcases Red Centre travel icons, Outback legends, and Top End sights to deliver an unforgettable and authentic Australian travel experience.
Day 1: Alice Springs to Ayers Rock (Lunch / Dinner)
It’s an early rise if you are joining us in Alice Springs where you will make the journey to Ayers Rock where we will meet our fellow travellers joining us there. On arrival to Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, visit a camel farm and discover life atop one of the regions earliest forms of transport. This afternoon embark on an interpretive base walk of Uluru. Those choosing to climb will have the opportunity to do so, weather permitting. (Note: Uluru is a sacred site and the Anangu people ask visitors to respect their law and do not climb it). The Cultural Centre is impressive and well worth a visit before watching the ever changing colours of Uluru at sunset. After dinner, some stories and stargazing, it’s time for a good night’s rest at our private campsite before another active day tomorrow.
– Outback Camel Farm
– Mt Ebenezer Roadhouse
– Mt Connor (Atila)
– Uluru (Ayers Rock)
Day 2: Ayers Rock to Kings Creek Station (Breakfast / Lunch / Dinner)
Your guide will wake you bright and early to experience a mesmerising Uluru sunrise which can be viewed close-by our campsite, early mornings being such a magical time in the desert. Then it’s a short drive to Kata Tjuta (the Olgas), an Aboriginal word for ‚Äúmany heads‚Äù, to explore its domes of which there are 36 in total. Pull on your hiking boots and take the Valley of the Winds walk through creek beds, domes and beautiful wilderness. After lunch, it’s farewell to Uluru – Kata Tjuta National
Park as we travel to Kings Creek Station where we camp for the night. Our campsite really is ‚Äòwayoutback’,set in a private location on this working cattle station.
– Uluru (Ayers Rock)
– Kata Tjuta (the Olgas)
– Kings Creek Station
Day 3: Kings Creek Station to Alice Springs (Breakfast / Lunch)
This morning we enter the Watarrka (Kings Canyon) National Park, home of a mighty chasm with sheer red rock faces which soar over 100 metres above lush palm forests. The rim of Kings Canyon is a 6km round trip walk and you will visit the Amphitheatre, Lost City and tranquil Garden of Eden. After our final meal together we begin our journey back to Alice Springs arriving in the late afternoon. Two nights dorm or Budget ensuite (Twin/Single) accommodation in Alice Springs is included (dinner is at own expense).
– Watarrka (Kings Canyon)
– Alice Springs
Day 4: Free Day to Explore Alice Springs
A day of leisure to either relax or explore the Red Centre township of Alice Springs. All activities and meals are at your own expense. Dorm or Budget ensuite (Twin/Single) accommodation in Alice Springs is included.
Day 5: Alice Springs to Banka Banka Cattle Station (Lunch / Dinner)
You will be collected from your Alice Springs accommodation at approximately 6.00 am and then ouradventure through the ‚ÄòTerritory’ to Darwin begins. Just north of Alice Springs is the Tropic of Capricorn (80% of the Northern Territory lays north of this point). Further along the track are the Devils Marbles (Karlu Karlu) which are a collection of gigantic granite boulders magically balanced on top of one another. Our day winds to a close just north of Tennant Creek at historic Banka Banka Cattle Station where we camp for the night.
– Tropic of Capricorn
– Devils Marbles (Karlu Karlu)
– Banka Banka Cattle Station
Day 6: Journey to Katherine (Breakfast / Lunch / Dinner)
No trip to the ‚ÄòTerritory’ is complete without a visit to the Daly Waters Pub, an important watering hole for explorers and drovers in days gone by and now a great spot for a cold beer, a bit of history and a ‚Äòfair dinkum outback experience’! Later in the day you can take a soak in the Mataranka Thermal Pools, a lush oasis fringed by paperbark trees before journeying to Katherine and our overnight camp.
– Daly Waters Pub
– Mataranka Thermal Pools
Day 7: Katherine to Darwin (Breakfast / Lunch)
Your guide will wake you early this morning for the short drive to the Nitmiluk (Katherine Gorge) National Park which is owned by the Jawoyn Aboriginal people. Ancient sandstone has been carved away by the Katherine River to create a deep and picturesque gorge. You may like to take a boat cruise or paddle a canoe (seasonal) through the peaceful water (both optional and additional cost). In the afternoon, relax and watch the changing landscape as we travel to cosmopolitan Darwin where the friendly locals and magical sunsets await!
– Nitmiluk (Katherine Gorge) National Park
– Itinerary may change due to cultural reasons, seasonal changes, operational logistics and accessibility.
– ^Single passengers will be provided with a single hotel room in Alice Springs however will be required to share a tent with another same sex passenger whilst on safari.
– This 7 day package is a combination of two safari products and the guide and passengers may differ on each safari. Passengers will be staying independently at the accommodation between each of the safaris.
– Camping is in swags on day 1-3 on this safari. For guests requiring a tent there is a $60 per person hire fee payable direct on date of travel. Tents must be requested prior to departure.
– We recommend guests arrive on the Jetstar or Virgin Australia flights into Ayers Rock. Although we collect guests arriving on the later Qantas service please note guests will not receive a full experience at Uluru should they choose this service.
– Clients joining at Ayers Rock airport or resort will do so after lunch and therefore lunch is at own expense.
– Safari is not suitable for children under 15 years of age.
– Please call our Reservations Team (1300 551 510) at least 48 hours prior to departure to confirm pick-up location and time.
– Due to limited space on the vehicle please restrict luggage to a day pack and one soft overnight bag/backpack (maximum 10kg).
Need some help? Contact us to get started.
Product Help Ref #19231 Colourful Trips
Australian owned travel agency
🇫🇯 Fiji & South East Asia
🌏 more than 30 years combined experience