Splendour in the Grass
Splendour in the Grass is one of the most popular Australian music festivals, it has kept this status since 2001 by having top notch artist headline, such as Tame Impala, Tyler the creator, The Strokes, Gorillaz and even Kayne West.
Mainly: Indie, Rock, Alternative and, Hip Hop
Lineup found here https://splendourinthegrass.com/lineup/
LIZZO * FLUME (AUS EXCLUSIVE: 10 YEARS OF FLUME) * MUMFORD & SONS (AUS EXCLUSIVE)
* LEWIS CAPALDI * YEAH YEAH YEAHS * HILLTOP HOODS * J BALVIN * SAM FENDER * IDLES * LITTLE SIMZ * TOVE LO * 100 GECS (AUS EXCLUSIVE) * ARLO PARKS * BALL PARK MUSIC * IANN DIOR * KING GIZZARD & THE LIZARD WIZARD * 070 SHAKE * PNAU * RUEL * LOYLE CARNER * BENEE * MARLON WILLIAMS * HOOLIGAN HEFS * PEACH PRC * PALACE * DUNE RATS
* TKAY MAIDZA * NOAH CYRUS * SKEGSS * SUDAN ARCHIVES * CUB SPORT * MEG MAC * X CLUB. * CLAIRE ROSINKRANZ * JACK RIVER * THE SMITH STREET BAND * LASTLINGS * JEREMY ZUCKER * YOUNG FRANCO * SLY WITHERS * MAY-A * THE VANNS * TELENOVA * VALLIS ALPS * JAMESJAMESJAMES * KAYCYY * RVG * TEENAGE DADS * BALMING TIGER * AUTOMATIC * HARVEY SUTHERLAND * GALI * DEL WATER GAP * ROYEL OTIS * SHAG ROCK * BIG WETT * MIA WRAY * MEMPHIS LK * GOLD FANG * MILKU * SUMNER * FOREST CLAUDETTE *
FULL FLOWER MOON BAND * WILLIAM CRIGHTON * HELLCAT SPEEDRACER
* TRIPLE J UNEARTHED WINNERS * PLUS MIX UP DJ’S TSEBA * CRYBABY * LATIFA TEE * FOURA * CAUCASIANOPPORTUNITIES * LUEN * MOWGLI * DJ MACARONI * CRESCENDOLL
Date and Location
Splendor in the Grass happens from the 21st-23rd Of July in Byron Bay. One of Australia’s busiest and most beautiful Backpacker locations. Byron Bay accommodation is known for getting completely booked out prior the festival, so might be worth the while to organize accommodation beforehand.
If you require assistance organizing accommodation we can help out .
Depending on where you are coming from there are many options.You can do a road trip up to Byron Bay, if you are traveling from overseas and dont have a car you can hire a Campervan, these get booked out far in advance as many people rent campervans/motorhomes for SITG. Splendor in the Grass does allow for campers although the sites do not have any access to power or water.
Another option is taking the Greyhound bus which does stop in Byron Bay, But once again as the festival nears seats on the bus will quickly get booked out. So make sure you’re getting organized!
As with any Festival nearby traffic will be greatly affected to make sure you’re prepared for that too.
All information on Ticket Pricing can be found here https://splendourinthegrass.com/tickets/
Bear in mind that tickets can sell out quickly. There is always the volunteering option if you have missed out on getting tickets for SITG. See below for more information and link on how to apply to be a volunteer.
Tips and Preparation
1. Don’t forget to bring
- ID (100% need this one)
- Gumboots (For the Mud Pits)
- Extra warm clothes, Beanies Socks
- Sunscreen (It’s not worth the risk)
- Bug repellent
- And Water!
- Extra Tent Pegs (If Camping)
- It’s always smart to arrange a rendezvous if you are meeting friends, also handy to have a map of the show grounds.
- Also, have cash as well as the atm lines can get insanely long, same with the lines going into the festival so make sure you’re prepared for waiting.
Want to goto SITG but can’t afford a ticket?. There are Volunteer Options available.
Below is the general information for Volunteering at Splendour In The Grass 2023 in Byron Bay.
Every employee must be at least 18 years old.
Do you love working in the events industry? Do you want to help develop a vibrant, well-known festival? Are your work ethic and positive attitude unmatched? Do you possess great people and organisational skills? If you provided a yes response to any of these, we urge you to apply right now so you can join our wonderful Event Worker family.
What kind of work will be offered?
We hire for positions within Event Operations in places like:
Gates and Wristbanding
Traffic and Car Parking
Worker and Volunteer HQ
Buses and Transport
Cloakroom and Information
PostFest Site Crew
WHEN DO I NEED TO BE THERE TO WORK?
The majority of event workers must be on-site by 4 p.m. on Tuesday, July 18, and they must be accessible for the duration of Splendour in the Grass. You must be available until Monday, July 24, at 2 p.m.
Throughout the Festival, employees must be available for morning, afternoon, evening, and night shifts.
The PostFest Site Crew must be available from Monday, July 24, through Friday, August 4, between the hours of 7.30 am and 5 pm.
WHAT WILL I BE PAID?You will be offered competitive contract rates as well as access to the festival outside of your rostered shift-times, as well as free camping (BYO) within the Worker and Volunteer Campground.